- Worked with local groups and secured road safety improvements on the A30 and campaigning with local residents for improved road safety measures in the community.
- Brought rural communities and our local Police together to tackle crime and anti-social behaviour.
- Supported and successfully campaigned for thousands of pounds in grants for local community projects.
- Secured funding for the installation of two community defibrillators.
- Successfully campaigned for the provision of a funded defibrillator for Barwick & Stoford Primary School.
- While Chairman of his local Parish Council, worked with fellow Councillors to achieve a responsible budget to minimise the impact of central government cuts on the Parish Council's element of Council Tax.
- Maintained strong direct links with County and District Council services.
Working to make life better for all
Mick serves in the following voluntary roles:
- Elected Public Governor at Yeovil District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust - Acting as a voice for our community and holding Hospital Directors to account.
- Chairman of a board of investment fund trustees - Ensuring that trust funds are managed lawfully and in line with the principles of the trust.
- Treasurer for Yeovil Cricket Club - As an active committee member, working hard to ensure the continued provision of adult and youth community sports facilities.
- Running a local Job Club and Advice Centre - Using his professional knowledge, Mick runs a free advice centre and job club to help his local area.
- Helping shape future policy - Using his expertise to contribute to the Social Liberal Forum - Universal Basic Income Policy Group.
In his spare time
- Mick counts himself very lucky to live in Somerset and can often be found on days out around the local area with his family.
- He is an enthusiastic motorcyclist and, when time permits, enjoys getting out and about in the countryside.